Na'amat Daycare Centers
Na’amat is the largest women’s organization in Israel. Na’amat’s mission is to improve women’s situation in their family, at their workplace and in society. Na’amat helps women, children and families in villages and cities throughout Israel. Therefore, Na’amat provides a network of 280 daycare centers for over 20.000 infants and toddlers from ages 3 months to 4 years. The Na’amat daycare centers allow working mothers to remain in their jobs even when their children are still young.
The education program of the daycare centers includes enriching activities such as special programmes for awareness and physical development. Every single child receives personal attention, warmth and love of the supervisors, which regularly work in the groups.
The daycare centers are placed all over Israel. Our partner organization “Israeli Volunteer Association” will decide where you work in July before your service.
As a volunteer you will help the supervisors in the daycare centers, and you will be part of the support team. Your tasks will include feeding, cleaning, watching and accompanying the babies and children. You will either work with one single special need child or a group of children. Your main task is to provide the children with a loving environment.
In order to work in one of the daycare centers you have to satisfy following requirements:
- Age: You have to be at least 18 years old at the beginning of you service, the maximum age is 26
- Sex: At the moment there are only females allowed to work at the Na’amat Daycare Centers
- You should like to work with toddlers and children.
- You should be patient, motivated and open for new experiences. Furthermore, a good work ethic and sense of responsibilities are important.
- Good communication skills for working in teams are essential.
- Language: Good English skills are mandatory for communication with work colleagues and for everyday life. You don’t have to be able to speak Hebrew when you arrive, but you have to be willing to learn the language in order to understand the children better.
- Your profile: mature, responsible, tolerant, team-oriented, flexible, motivated, open minded, dynamic, independent, sensitive and patient